When potential home buyers see creative patio designs, they are instantly drawn to the home. As a homeowner, it is important to know that hard work and investing in your home will be worth it. Realtors nationwide agree that having a well established outdoor living area is highly desirable and the demand for such has increased dramatically over the years. Even if you have no intention of selling you abode, you can still reap the benefits of a new paver patio. In the past, a simple slab of concrete was enough but today, people get creative adding built-in seating, entertaining, and cooking areas. Structured fire pits, fireplaces, and outdoor kitchens rank high on the list of popularity when it comes to paved patio installations. If you are considering a project like this, it is important that you have the proper equipment to get the job done. Is there any better way to enjoy the exterior of your home than on a cozy patio? Majority of homeowners are choosing pavers for their new patio installations. Trendy patio designs implement a variety of concrete pavers due to the variation of colors and shapes. If you can dream it, we can make it happen.
Paver Patios for All Spaces, Large or Small
Pavers come in all shapes and sizes making them a solid choice for any patio design, large or small. Typically patio designs create a living space that is attached to a home and accessed through a doorway.However, free-standing patios are just as desired when the landscape makes sense. Here are the two basic paver patio styles:
- Open – can be attached to a structure or stand alone. Open patios are left uncovered and are dependent on the house, an umbrella, or trees for shade. Some homeowners choose to add pergolas or folding arm awnings to ensure that the space will be shaded and protected from the elements.
- Detached – not attached to the house and typically built with a roof covering the entire patio. Homeowners access detached patios via walkway. Detached patios offer privacy and allow you to maximize your usage of your outdoor space. They can also be used to emphasize the unique features throughout your yard.
Want to add more to your yard that will show you personality and style? Consider retaining walls, walkways, steps, and built-in features. Walled patios attached to your home will contribute to the privacy of your space. If your landscape is not one level, use a wall to create an appealing design that will make the areas flow. Step outside your comfort zone by choosing a unique shape when it comes to the design of your patio. Paver patios can be tailored to meet the needs of your space and lifestyle.
Choosing the Size of Your Patio
It can be difficult to picture the end result and how everything will fit in your space. Designers advise purchasing your furniture beforehand so that you can place the furniture in the area so that you are able to see how it will fit in the space before the job is complete. This will allow you to adjust your design accordingly. We suggest making sure that there is at least three feet around your furniture. Having too much space is better than not having enough. Once you are able to enjoy your space, you will be able to thoroughly appreciate all the hard work and money you invested in it. If you are planning on adding a fire feature, make sure that your contractor is current with your local regulations. Some areas have restrictions on how close the fire feature can be to any building. It is a better idea to have a patio that is attached to your home with a walkway that leads to a freestanding area with a fire feature.
Design & Build Your Patio Now so You are Able to Enjoy it in the Warmer Months
Envisioning the final product can be hard as temperatures drop and snow covers the ground but I am sure the thought has you wishing Summer was right around the corner. Now is a great time to think about the size, shape, and uses of your paver patio. Here are a few things to consider…
- How will you utilize the space? Will it be your own personal retreat? Are you hoping to host a few barbecues and parties? Planning to entertain your friends and family?
- Which furnishings are you going to use? Small table that will accommodate 4? Larger table with chairs for more? Lounge seating? Space for an outdoor kitchen?
- Does your space have shade? Do you need to add a roofed structure? Thinking about adding additional lighting or a fan?
- Think about your windows and doors? Want to incorporate a hot rolled steel window to connect the indoors with the outdoors?
Determining the right size is important. You don’t want guests scooting their chairs off the edge of the patio. You want to keep the kids out of your landscape. Once you determine the size you think will suit your needs, you should consider using a 3D computer program to scale your patio and provide you with a clear vision of what is to come. When weather permits, use a rope or even your garden hose to layout the size and shape you are thinking about. This will allow you to really get a feel for the space before you finalize your decision.
Just Where Do You Begin?
- How Will You Use the Patio – Think about how you will use your paver patio that most. Functionality will determine the amenities you choose to implement.
- Group Your Areas – Organize your thoughts by grouping your areas of use– relaxing, dining, cooking, fire and water features, etc.
- How Many People Should It Fit – You should then consider how many people will be enjoying your patio at once. Make sure that you allow enough space for guests to hang out and relax comfortably.
- How Much Space Do You Have – Measure your yard so that you can get an accurate perception of how much space you have to work with.
- Visualize Your Design – Walk around your space so that you can start visualizing how you will place your patio.
Use Patio Walls to Make Your Designs Stand Out
Patio walls can serve many purposes while complimenting the design of your paver patio. They define the space and create an enclosure. Walls tend to make your patio feel as if it has more space. Use lower walls as additional seating without having to bring in more furniture that will only take up space. You might also choose to add lighting within the walls which will enhance your design especially when the sun sets.Most homeowners use paver walls as retaining structures where elevation changes are present. Concrete pavers are versatile so using them as retaining walls will contribute to the beauty and functionality of your space. Paver walls can accommodate the natural shapes and slopes of your outdoor living area.
You will have an overwhelming amount of decisions to make prior to installing a new patio. It is important that you team up with the right professionals who can help you with your project from beginning to end. At D2 Landscaping, we will walk you through the process while providing you with quality workmanship. Your outdoor living area will soon be the space everyone wants to gather.
Contact us (513) 550-7782 for more information -or- to setup an free consultation!
About D2 Landscaping & Outdoor
D2 Landscaping is one of the fastest-growing landscaping company in the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky area. We are a local and family-owned landscaping company offering a variety of landscape services, from new installations and complete renovations, to simple improvements. Whether you want to add a few trees and shrubs to compliment your existing landscape, or a complete makeover with outdoor living areas, our team can transform your outdoor dreams into reality. We pride ourselves in offering timely and professional services with highly trained personnel. We use superior advanced products along with precise installation techniques to guarantee your perfect vision. Our high level of standards continue to produce the best quality product resulting in glowing client testimonials, referrals, and customer loyalty.
>> Learn More